Ship History

Royal Canadian Navy Frigate
(Prestonian Class)

HMCS Buckingham
Commissioned as a River class frigate (one of the 1943-44 programme) on 2 November 1944, and wore pennant K685 until she was paid off into reserve on 16 November 1945. She underwent conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort completed on 25 June 1954, and wore pennant 314 until finally paid off on 23 March 1965. She was the first ship to be fitted with a helicopter platform and used for trials with the H04S-3 helicopter in 1956.