No. 118 (CAC)
RCAF Dartmouth Oct 1939 - Sep 1940
No 18 (Bomber) Squadron (Auxiliary) formed at Montreal Quebec on 1 September 1934 and the unit commenced flying training in May 1936. It was renumbered No. 118 Squadron on 15 November 1937. No. 118 (Bomber) Squadron (Auxiliary) was called out on voluntary full-time duty on 3 September 1939 in preparation for the Second World War. The unit was redesignated Coast Artillery Co-operation (CAC) on 28 October and ordered to Saint John, New Brunswick where it was equipped with Atlas, Shark and Lysander aircraft. On 28 October 1939 a detachment of No. 118 CAC Squadron moved to the civil airfield in Halifax. The detachment expanded into "A" Flight on 1 December 1939 by absorbing the recently disbanded No.117 CAC Squadron. On 30 March 1940 the squadron moved to the newly constructed airfield at Dartmouth. On 8 August 1940, No. 118 (CAC) Squadron was redesignated Fighter but never converted; the squadron disbanded on 27 September 1940. "A" Flight remained at Dartmouth to form No. 2 CAC Detachment and "B" Flight remained in Saint John to form No. 1 CAC Detachment.