No. 121 Squadron
RCAF Dartmouth Jan 1942 - Sep 1945 (Absorbed No. 2 (CAC) Det)
No. 21 Squadron (Auxiliary) was formed at Quebec City on 1 January 1937 and was renumbered No.121 Squadron on 15 November. When called out on voluntary full time duty in early September 1939 the squadron's organization was incomplete and it was disbanded on 30 September.
No. 121 Squadron was re-formed at Dartmouth NS as a Composite unit on 10 January 1942 by amalgamating Eastern Air Command's Communication Flight and Target Towing Flight. Two more flights were added: Rescue and Salvage in July 1942, and Calibration in August. On 15 August 1943, No. 121 Squadron absorbed No. 2 (CAC) Detachment. The squadron flew a wide variety of aircraft including the: Boeing 247D, Grumman Goose, Westland Lysander, Avro Anson, Noorduyn Norseman, Bristol Bolingbroke and Lockheed Hudson. The squadron was disbanded on 30 September 1945 and formed the nucleus for the post-war No. 4 (Composite) Flight.