Royal Canadian Air Force
RCAF Dartmouth Aug 1943 - Oct 1945
No. 167 Squadron was formed as a communications unit at Dartmouth NS on 15 August 1943. The nucleus for the squadron was provided by the Communications Flight of No. 121 (Composite) Squadron. The squadron flew Avro Anson, Grumman Goose, Noorduyn Norseman, Douglas Digby, Lockheed Hudson and Beechcraft Expeditor aircraft to transport Eastern Air Command (Headquarters in Halifax) staff officers throughout their vast area of responsibility. No.167 Squadron was disbanded on 1 October 1945 and its aircraft and personnel were used to form Eastern Air Command Communications Flight.